8 Year Exporter Prototyping Rapid - Concept Model – CREATEPROTO
CreateProto's assortment of prototyping technologies and materials allow our customers to quickly get prototyped concept models during all phases of the design process for visual evaluation of features, shape, functionality and overall look and feel. You are able to communicate clearly with design team and clients, get an early design feedback, and become better in the future!
Ideas Realized with Concept Design Prototypes
What Is Concept Design?
Concept design is the most creative stage of product development where engineers and designers think out sweeping ideas and all the various possibilities. It is the initial step of product developing and the very soul of innovation, the early iterative process in the cycle, helping for exploring best solutions and design optimization.
Why Is Concept Design So Important to Be Early in the Design Process?
It has to be the first thing because the results of concept design will enter the following detailed design and engineering process. The longer your concept waits to be nailed down, the more expensive the development will become. In fact, the success of the product depends on getting the concept right in the beginning. Don’t underestimate the importance of a proof-of-concept (POC) prototype and move forward without having proven to yourself and others that your idea is technically feasible.
Why Does CreateProto Focus So Much on Prototyping Concept Design?
Fast, low-cost prototyped concept models are valuable tool in delivering concepts or ideas to workmates, customers and marketers in a way that a 3D model in the computer never reaches.
With assortment of technologies and materials, CreateProto offers our customers a good chance to quickly simulate products during all phases of the design process for visual evaluation of features, shape, functionality and overall look and feel.
Before you proceed down the path of developing the manufacturable version of your product, you should have most aspects of your solution nailed down. Regardless of the product complexity, one of the first things that WayKen does for you is to prove that the product idea is technically possible to be successful.
Create Your Proof-of-Concept Prototype
Steps for Turning Your Ideas into Reality
Requirements (Ideas) –> Concept Design –> CAD Modeling –> DFM Analysis –> Concept Prototype –> Design Optimization
- When you have determined product requirements, before you start detailed design, your project will then move to the concept design stage.
- A detailed design is generated with 3D and solid-modeling CAD programs, such as SolidWorks. CAD models are created for components and assemblies to check out the potential problems before any physical parts are made.
- When a design is used for manufacturability (DFM) analysis, parts and assemblies will be designed to ensure appropriate for fabrication capabilities.
- Your detail design will be constructed using 3D printing or other rapid prototyping techniques. At this stage your design will begin to look and feel real – it’s very exciting!
- Assembly of the initial concept prototype is a critical step in the process to validate previous design assumptions. Physical testing confirms that the prototype meets the performance requirements established during the concept phase.
- If changes are required, the CAD models will be revised and the concept models will be modified until all expectations are met.
CreateProto Offers Different Methods for Rapid Prototyping Concept Models
We believe concept design is critical to create a great product. Making concept prototypes before moving into engineering design phase is important as they can advance the modeling process of product design and maximize innovation. Concept models are short-lived, but valuable in bringing your ideas to life.
In order to promote the process, you can have several variations of concepts to be manufactured at the same time, explore options such as style, functionality and manufacturing process, and then choose the best from a side-by-side comparison.
Advanced manufacturing technologies for the proof of concept prototype that widely used are Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) and CNC Machining, which are frequently chosen for evaluating concept models and design. WayKen’s rapid prototyping services enable design teams to shorten cycle from their traditional product design process, accelerating product to market faster.
Prototype finishing will make the difference for a successful concept prototype. Our highly experienced finishing team offer hand finishing, primer, color-match paint, texture and soft-touch finish; and utilize a number of proprietary methods to maintain the accurate assembly and finest visual appearance.
Prototyping Product Design Concepts Gives You the Ability to
- Develop and refine product ideas while saving significant time and money.
- Gain realizable feedback by actually touching and feeling.
- Make design iterations more free by evaluating a visual model.
- More effectively prove your ideas to colleagues, clients, and leadership.
- Keep your intellectual property in house.
- Explore the best solutions for manufacturability.
- Get a head-start on marketing activities.